Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nov. 7, 2012

Day 7:

Today I am thankful for my wonderful aide. At the beginning of this school year, I posted about how concerned I was because I had 29 kids and no help. None, nothing, it was all me!

Well, I am done down to 28 kids and I finally have some help. We were blessed at the end of September with 1 aide to share. That was great and we were so grateful that we had some help, but with the numbers like they are that still wasn't enough.

Finally, the second  week of October they told us they were looking to get an aide fore every kindergarten teacher. We were so excited because report cards were around the corner and a lot of our report card is one-on-one assessments. Well, we waited and waited and nothing happened. Finally, the day we before we were to go on our week of Fall Break I was introduced to the lady that was to be my aide.

I was a little apprehensive at first because even though I need the help in the classroom, I have trouble relinquishing control because I want to make sure they are learning everything they are supposed to and that it is done correctly. It has been 3 weeks now and I am proud to say there was nothing to worry about...she is great!

I can't wait to get to know her better and I know she is going to be a good asset to my classroom.

No comments: