Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 5 & 6, 2012

December 5

Day 35: I am thankful for coffee today! Not only am I thankful that it gives me a pick-me-up when I need it to, but because it warms me and it leads to so many great memories. For instance, the first time I had coffee it was given to me by my Aunt Merna. She gave me a tiny bit of Sanka at a family get together. Coffee lead Dudley and I to meeting each other face-to-face for the first time. He set up with my roommate to surprise me at Starbucks, and from there out it has been a part of the memories we have made together. Coffee is always served with dessert anytime my mom's side of the family gets together. So, as you can see coffee leads to lots of great parts of my life, and I can't wait to see where else we go together! :-)


December 6

Day 36: Today, I am thankful for the innocent smiles on children's faces when they are truly grateful for something! My aide and I had taken notice of a couple of our kiddos jacks. They just didn't look that great and we wanted to do something about it. Well, not that long ago a washer and dryer where installed in the school for such instances, so my aide volunteered to take the coats down and wash them this afternoon. Well, when I told one of the kiddos what had been done she got the BIGGEST smile on her face and she was so excited! She couldn't sit still she was so excited! It is moments like this one that I am glad I became a teacher!

No comments: